Wednesday, March 11

Job opportunity

A friend-in-rummage casually invited me to help her with an upcoming estate sale. It's tempting in many ways to try a different aspect of the resale market. I'm awaiting details; she's done this professionally, and I have no doubt she's well-organized. I think it could be a very interesting business to see from the salesman's side of the table.

Before children, my husband and I used to shop estate sales, particularly in search of bargains on the second day. We had discovered the voracious collector's appetite on eBay and sought lesser-known items we felt had a value in the right market. We always intended to make the best deal for ourselves, and didn't want to "let on" that we would be reselling the items. Our code word to each other was, "Do you think Aunt Carla would like this?" I always imagined Carla from Cheers, pregnant, sassy, dealing beers, and certainly in no mood for the frou-frou pieces of china I was eyeing!

Perhaps I'll get back into eBay when my craft room is fully-assembled (see previous post) and the collectibles market returns.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Merci!