Saturday, October 19

(Re)Discovering MacPaint

c|net recently reported the re-emergence of MacPaint on CloudPaint.


Kids, this was cutting-edge when I was in elementary school! You just stuck a disk... that is, an oversized USB key... into the front of a whitish-grayish box with a teeny, built-in monitor and... voila! You were master of all matter graphic and capable of creating wonders like that which is pictured above!

Oh, how the memories flood back! At the time of this new technology, my mother taught part-time at the university and shared an office with Linda Rosenthal. Linda was clearly cutting-edge and had this magical device on the desk. On those random nights when I would accompany my mom to class and wait out the period in the office, is fiddled with these controls and created wonders from the seemingly unending palette of black-and-white offerings.

Someday I'll fill some pages with my love affair with Logo

What technology do you remember wowing you in your childhood?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Merci!