Friday, February 21

In search of MSVCR80.dll

When my computer fails to work, I just want to roll over and die. As far as I'm concerned, it's voodoo magic that makes computers function at all. When the IT department visits, I'm more than happy to step aside and let them begin their incantations.

I only wish I had the same witch doctors at home. So, when iTunes, the treasure-bearer of my 4,000+ song catalog failed to launch, I felt the swamp waters of my psyche rise to a flood.

At first I tried to ignore the problem and continued with other computer-based missions, making sure to reboot the machine each night, hoping the iTunes fault was a mere fluke. Weeks of error messages belied that it was no fluke. If I wanted my music, I was going to have to seek out a spellbook of solutions.

Thankfully, after just a few rounds of search results, I came upon an article that accurately described my dilemma, and, miraculously, offered a step-by-step solution in layman's terms.

So, thank you, Tim Fisher, for your easy-to-follow juju, which has restored my mystic msvcr80.dll. Praise be to Ogun!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Merci!